What are eco-friendly reefers?
A refrigerated container, often known as a reefer, is an intermodal container capable of cooling temperature-sensitive, perishable goods such as fruits, vegetables, meat, and other such things during intermodal freight transfer.
Why you should consider using eco-friendly reefers?
Eco-friendly reefers use hybrid electric-powered refrigeration equipment to lower emissions and waste.
Because they are self-contained refrigerated containers, they don’t always need to be put into cold storage when they arrive at their destination.
They come in a range of sizes, making them suited for transportation by road, sea, and air.
They can also be divided into several divisions with varying temperatures which allows both frozen and chilled items to be stored in the same container.
Moreover, they are long-lasting and can withstand extreme climatic conditions.
Not only that, they can be transported by a variety of modes as compared to specialised reefer ships, this provides more financial certainty and a faster return on investment.
How to know if a reefer is eco-friendly?
Regardless of outside external conditions, reefer containers can keep cargo temperatures between -35°C and +35°C.
This is accomplished by channelling air beneath the cargo through T-shaped decking that has been precisely constructed to maintain proper airflow throughout the shipment.
Temperature, humidity, ventilation, and environment may all be controlled and adjusted using the control device on the container.
Depending on the sort of goods being delivered, different parameters will be applied.
Controlling CO2 and O2 levels in a unit containing fruit, for example, may significantly extend the ripening process, allowing the fruit to be kept fresher for longer.
Although several varieties of fruit do not require humidity control, the majority of them must be preserved at a specified temperature.
Why should you use MGS reefers?
- MGS reefers have many key features to go along with their products which will be explained as follows.
- To satisfy the demands, temperature settings ranging from -30°C to +20°C are available, along with a humidity controller.
- ICE STORM is engineered to get goods to their ideal temperature and setpoint as rapidly as possible.
- Better air homogeneity ensures that cargo in reefer containers is kept at the same temperature.
- Temperature Distribution allows for a faster recovery time means that once the door opens, the temperature recovers to the set point.
- Offshore heavy-duty applications benefit from strong M.G.S container handling.
- Maximum cargo space is 12.2cu.m due to the high internal volume capacity.
- Interior constructed of sterilised aluminium or stainless steel is hygienic and simple to clean.
- In the Offshore Reefer sector, a low tare weight optimises payload.
MGS reefers maintain track of critical data and information from reefers so that operators can act quickly.
By delaying the ripening process during travel, ICE STORM containers improve the shelf life of your fruits and vegetables.
Because it maintains a perfect combination of oxygen and carbon dioxide within the reefer unit, ICE STORM is particularly well suited to everyday meals.
In conclusion, we have discussed what are eco-friendly reefers as well as why you should consider using eco-friendly reefers.
We also talked about how to know if a reefer is eco-friendly as well as why you should use MGS reefers.
Finally, we lightly touched upon its key features as well as its competitive advantages.
A graduate (Business) from KDU, Jason Tan, is the current Business Director (Sales) for MGS Icestorm and has been associated with the company for the past 10 years.
With over 13 years in the shipping industry, he has had a significant contribution to Malaysia’s oil and gas industry in the engine and boat supply sector.
His expertise includes managing offshore catering business, offshore reefer containers, AI technology, offshore gas tanks, A60 pressurized cabins, etc. His contributions have helped establish MGS, in partnership (joint venture) with Thermo King and Honeywell to produce state of art Offshore Reefer Container products.